Patchouli Pure Essential Oil
Well-known for its warm, spicy, earthy aroma, Patchouli Pure Essential Oil can
set the scene for a peacefully meditative aromatherapy encounter. Experience
its soothing charm and its traditional effects on digestive health, as well as
its use as an antiseptic and to stimulate clear breathing.
- Good antiseptic, eg. minor burns and cracked skin
- Calming action
- Good with migraines
- Tissue Re-generator
- Patchouli oil has been used in the East for a long time to scent clothes and linen
- Believed to prevent the spread of disease
- Also used in China, Japan and Malaysia to treat colds, headaches, nausea, diarrhea and abdominal pain.
- Popular in Victorian England due to imported cashmere shawls from India being scented of patchouli
Aromatic Character: Powerful, warm, spicy, earthy odor. A tenacious scent
Botanical name: Pogostemon cablin
Strength of Aroma: Strong
Part of Plant Used: Dried leaves and branches ( after some fermentation )
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Color: Amber, dark orange
Chakra: 1st, 2nd and 4th
Blends well with: Rose, Ylang Ylang, Lemon and other citrus oils
Do not ingest. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep away from children. For external use only. Do not apply to broken or irritated skin. If skin sensitivity occurs, discontinue use. If you are pregnant, nursing or taking any medications, consult your doctor before use. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur. Flammable.