Basil Pure Essential Oil
You’ll feel cleansed and replenished when you surrender to the sheer tranquility of earthy, minty-sweet Basil. Basil is traditionally used for digestive and nervous system wellness. Basil oil also acts as an antiseptic cleanser for the skin. With a sweet, fresh, herbaceous, and campherous aroma it is no surprise that this herb has been used for centuries throughout the world!
Used in traditional Asian medicine. The Hindu people put basil on the chest of the dead to protect against evil spirits. Italian women wore basil to attract mates. Basil is an herb that was originally grown in Asia and the Pacific Islands. It is now produced in bulk throughout the United States and in certain European countries. The medicinal and culinary uses for this herb are extraordinary which make it very popular in society today.
- Purifying, energizing, and helps with motion-related stomach and menstrual pain discomfort.
- In India, it has been used for centuries to treat respiratory problems (mucus discharge, coughing and congestion), skin diseases, and as a digestive aid.
- Many cosmetic products include this essential oil in their products to stimulate healing where there is an infection on the skin (e.g.: acne, cuts, wounds, and bug-bites).
- Soothing and revitalizing the body, it is also a good way to relieve tension and stress related aches, while aiding in the achievement of mental clarity and strength.
- Get cellulite moving by adding 10 drops of this essential oil to 1oz of vegetable oil and massage.
Botanical name: Ocimum basilicum
Character: Peppery, slightly sweet, delicate menthol aroma
Part of plant used: Leaves & stems
Extraction method: Steam Distilled
Color: Can range from clear to a yellowish-green pigment
Classification: Top note
Blends well with: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Lime, Eucalyptus, Juniper, Lemon, Neroli, and Rosemary
Do not ingest. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep away from children. For external use only. Do not apply to broken or irritated skin. If skin sensitivity occurs, discontinue use. If you are pregnant, nursing or taking any medications, consult your doctor before use. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur. Avoid with epilepsy. Flammable